Friday, June 13, 2008

Birdhouse Blocks

Great day so far. Met mom for manicures, facial, waxing and brunch. Then went shopping with Dad at the exchange where hubby works. Got a new Donney purse for graduation. Also did some shopping for someone else but can't mention it yet - it's a surprize. Got thank you notes and Dad's day card. Next we are on our way to the Golden Corral where Dad likes to eat. It's a very nice buffet. Then to Target for some sort of plastic container to make Mimosa's in for the limo ride to graduation tomorrow. Oh, I bought fresh squeezed orange juice from the groves for the mimosas! That will be yummy.
Remember when I said I was going to add a few blocks to the birdhouse blocks given to me by my old guild? Well, here are two that I have made. The top uses a log cabin center (quilters will know what I mean) and the second one uses some great fabric but a very poor selection of background. I thought it would look like the birdhouse was in the flowers but the print just isn't strong enough. Too bad too because I used some cool fabrics for the house.
The pattern below is one that no one in the guild selected so I am going to make three of them. I'm thinking one in soft yellows and light blue and another in bright greens and orange. I'm undecided on the color scheme for the last one. Any suggestions? I am open to your ideas.

1 comment:

Julie said...

The only thought I can have in regards to doing a birdhouse would be to maybe stay in colors you would find in nature (which is just about all of them actually, LOL)...but I was thinking sand, sky, rocks, water, earthy colors. Oh, and plants too...shades of green!