Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Way Back Wednesday 7/9/2008

It's Wednesday, the day I like to play Pogo.com, and I have someone coming over at 7:30 (or is it 7:00) for a meeting so I'm going to share a photo from way back. This is a school photo from 1903 in Ponder Switch, Arkansas (that's Lawrence county for those who've been to Arkansas). This photos is especially important to me because it has both my paternal grandparents in it! My dad's mom is in the front row "Rosie Truxler" and his dad is also in the front row "Andrew Manning". She is the third GIRL from the left and he is the third person from the right. So wierd to see your grandparents in elementary school photo! By the way - I am realated to everyone in the photo whose name is Manning, Whittaker, or Truxler. Vickie

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh...wow...what a cool photo to be in possession of! Unreal!!!

Wicked Gardener said...

Before I read the post I was thinking "Wow, she is WAY older than I thought she was!" :D

How to cool to see your grandparents before they were even together.

Donna said...

Very cool Vickie. I love, just love vintage photos. I wish I had some, but unfortunately my family has none. I hope you are doing well. I haven't had the chance to blog as much lately, or visit the blogs of my fellow bloggers now that the kiddos are home for the summer.