Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flea Battle, Chapter 2

Today I went through their fur and found no fleas on either dog. That was a great feeling, especially after I got 2 off Eddie and 4 off Daisey last night! Next I bathed Eddie in flea soap. I scrubbed it in with my fingernails for 5 minutes and then gently rubbed him for another 5 so that the stuff could stay on him for 10 minutes (direction said let it sit for 5 minutes). Then I used the WaterPik handheld to rinse and then turned it on the massage setting so that it would part the fur and I could see his skin. I found nothing on Eddie. Yippee!

Next I did Daisey. I got three dead ones of her due to the shampooing but the WAterPok massage showed nothing. Great! Or at least I thought......I wrapped her in a towel and held her for a while before I went to towel dry her. When I lifted the towel there was a LIVE flea on her back. Ugh. So I used a comb on them both and raked and raked but found nothing. Cross your fingers it's over.

I moved my orchids back outside today. What a big job that is. I chased a few lizards out of the house as a result of the orchid hotel. They didn't look well. Hopefully they will spring back to life after a nice meal outside. Hey! I wonder if lizards eat fleas! Tomorrow I will post photos of all the little flower buds I saw when moving my plants. I am thinking that in about a month I will have lots of flowers :)

Chloe is feeling good enough now where she wants to be in the same room as me at all times. I took her out to the screen porch today and when I went in for a phone call she actually got herself back into the house. That meant she somehow got herself up about a 6 inch step. I missed it so I have no idea how she did it. She made it across the tile kitchen floor but was stopped by the wood floor in the dining area.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I hope that is the end of the flea problem for you! I just felt so bad for the dog when it happened here...all that scratching, and it made me sick just to see that.

Glad Chloe is feeling better!!! YEAH!

The Tree Is Up

and it went a little something like this........ Rolls of deco mesh (a.k.a. geo mesh). I usually use them straight off the spool withou...