Tuesday, February 24, 2009

NPR Sunday Puzzle ***Spoiler Alert***

This puzzle.....

Name an item often found on a desk. It's a hyphenated word. Add an 'S' to the beginning of each part, and you'll get two synonyms. What's the item?

.....has been bugging me all week. I even went online to find out if anyone else was blogging about it. They were and they weren't giving up the answer! I finally figured it out tonight and I am willing to share but then again, I could be wrong. I sent in my answer feeling about 80% sure I am right.

IN - TRAY = SIN + STRAY

2 comments:

Julie said...

When do you find out the answer??? Your guess is as good as any, I'd say! How fun! I love NPR!

My Little Family: said...

Julie - the answer offically comes out on Sunday morning during Will Shortz appearance. It's on here about 8:40am. If you get the right answer and are lucky enough to have your name drawn at random, you get a call at 3pm on Thursday. I forget when the deadline for entering is, but there are websites were people post their guessea after the submission deadline. Vickie

Diamond

The more observant of you may have noticed that in my last post (Hurricane Irma) I mentioned our two dogs. Yes, we have one less dog these d...