Sunday, March 1, 2009

Green Thumb Sunday

My first bloom on this young plant. Sadly, I have no idea what it is :( I sure seem to lose a lot of tags. Actually, I am just realizing that this may be a piece that broken off of a Bulbophylum that's never bloomed. Humm.....
Happy Cattleya blooms every year.

Another blooming Cattleya. This one is the one responsible for the nice auroma in my screen porch.

This bloom is fading fast. From greenish white, to white, to yelloish white, to yellow.
Next stop is brown.

Some new growth on my ghost. Maybe in a couple more years I will get a bloom.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your orchids are gorgeous, Vickie! I just got a book at the library today called CONSERVATORY INTERNATIONAL BOOK OF ORCHIDS, and it is a large hardback chock full of large luschious pictures!!! I was really looking for this dark chocolate brown one I saw at a festival a few years ago, and I am kicking myself in the arse for not getting it. I want to see if I can order one from somewhere!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I would love to see those everyday! I have to stick with the African Violets because I can't seem to get the orchids to thrive here.

Unknown said...

Vickie
I love looking at your Sunday garden every week. It helps me remember what spring is like during our long winters.

Rusty in Miami said...

Nice orchids, I have the same problem with names so now I have a photo inventory in my computer of every plant I bring into the garden.