Saturday, May 23, 2009

In Dumas Arkansas

I'm at my Dad's house - just got here a few minutes ago. Been with him at the hospital for the last couple nights with no internet access. Seems like a reasonable thing to put in a hospital room to me :)

He was moved to the rehab wing late yesterday. I peeked in through the window a couple different times today to watch him do physical therapy. On the weekends they do one group therapy session for 3 hours. During the week they do two 1 1/2 hr session and they are individual with speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. I will go back to Pine Bluff tomorrow to be with him.

With the excess of rain in this area everything is so green! Looks like Kodiak or Seattle, LOL. Maybe I will get lucky and see an old high school friend of two!

4 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Hope your dad is doing well. Internet in the hospital would be nice! Maybe people would actually feel comfortable there if they could surf the net!
Therapy sounds good.
Rain sounds good too! Take care!

JaMean said...

Internet would certainly help patients or family with nothing to do but wait! Do they have a suggestion box?!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope recovers quickly.

About no internet in hospital rooms. What, are they trying to drive the poor patients insane!

Skeeter said...

Bless your heart for being there for your dad...