Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sleepy Saturday

There is much that I wanted to do today but I am pooped. I would take a nap but I don't want to miss my radio show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on NPR at 11:00. I miss it far too often because I seem to be busy at 11am on a typical Saturday ;) The reason I am so tired - a midnight possom "event".

I didn't have an opportunity to take photos to share but here is what happened:
  • Awakened about midnight by Daisey's alarm bark which goes something like this: woo woo woo woo woo
  • As I made my way to the glass door to see into the backyard, I could hear much commotion in the foliage, turned on the outside light, and saw something on the patio with the rat terriers jumping around and at it
  • Went flying out in fear that it was a possom and it might bite them
  • The animal ran back into the foliage followed by two rat terriers
  • Eddie brings it back out and Daisey stops it from running away as Eddie noses or bites it
  • Grabbed flashlight and saw that it was a possom, now playing dead, but it had some serious gashes on it
  • We finally got the dogs in the house
  • Looked out a few mintues later and it was gone somewhere
  • Went back to bed with the dog door closed
  • Eddie sits on end of bed on alert while Daisey paces back and forth between dog door and bedroom
  • Fall asleep but many, many times during the night hear the rats at the dog door trying to get out and they jumped on and off the bed all night long
  • Ratties are napping and I am tired this morning but need to get things done today

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh what a night!!! I hate possums! Nasty creatures! I hope you are sound asleep right now (it is after midnight now on the start of Sunday)!

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Jack about had a heart attack when he saw a possom in our yard a while back. I didn't let him outside. He was very upset! Glad the rats were o.k. I have heard those things can do major damage!