Monday, January 14, 2013

Missing Miss Daisey


Alot has happened since I have last been able to post. (Using computer at work, home still times out even with new internet server and new computer) and the most recent and heartbreaking is the sudden passing of my Daisey girl.

Dec 18th she was on the bed with me getting loving and all three dogs (my two and a foster) ran outside for squirrel chasing. About 5 - 10 minutes later heard a strange sound, went outside and found her down on the patio with Eddie & Diamond over her. She was not breathing but her heart was beating.

Brought her in, felt for an obstruction and found nothing, tried to breath in her mouth, her bladder let loose and I knew. Felt for a heartbeat and there was none.

The vet examined her, as did I, and we found nothing external. We are thinking a sudden heart attack or stroke. Since an autopsy would not bring her back, I chose not to have her opened up.

I am very sad but relieved that she is back with us (her ashes) and I have wonderful memories of a very special little girlie.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Her passing is so heartbreaking :( I know that Daisey had an amazing life full of love and that she will be greatly missed. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie said...

Hi Vickie! I am in shock over Daisey, as I know you guys were too, and still are. I am so sorry. She was such a great girl. Eddie will miss her, I'm sure.

You had a lovely Christmas with her. Your tree was so beautiful.

I will always remember Daisey!

xoxo-Julie