Saturday, December 6, 2014

Neon Signs, 4th Street, St Petersburg

When we first moved to the St Petersburg area, I was fascinated with the vintage neon signs. These signs, with their exterior illumination of neon tubes, wouldn't have survived long in Alaska. I've always told myself to photo them some day because some have disappeared to progress since we've been here. Well, today was a start. I drove up and down 4th street north and took photos.
 

The Banyan Tree motel


China City restaurant


El Cap hamburger joint


The Kentucky Motel - can't help but think there may have been a painting in the center of this sign at one time.


The Landmark Motel


Not sure if this sign is vintage or if it is just well kept/preserved but it does have exterior neon.
 And finally, the most impressive Sunken Gardens sign. It's the largest one I know of and I love how the flowers awe outlined in neon. I've seen this one at dusk and it's impressive.

My next task is to photo more on 34th street. There's one there that I really like.

No comments: