Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sight Seeing Day Three

We started the day at Millennium Park. The Cloud Gate, or Bean, was on my list of things to see.




 
 
 
 (This photo is inside the bean looking up)
 
The photo doesn't show it well, but this is a large garden of wildflowers anchoring the tall buildings.
 

This art piece is one in the Boeing gallery. It appeared to be glass blocks/bricks that has a video playing through the bricks. The face changes (eyes blink, etc.) and water pours off the roof ad sometimes out the mouth.


 
 

Next we went to the water tower area. It's one of the areas I remember from when I used to travel to Chicago for business since I usually stayed in a hotel in the area. Since I know work with water/utilities, thought I would snap a photo of the old water works building.


Boy! Bloomingdale's changed a lot since I was there last (in the early nineties, I believe). They made it into a mall meaning Bloomingdale's gave up room for other stores.
 
 Next it was off to Pizzeria Uno which was on Jerry's list. Here he is pictured with my cousin Diane outside the restaurant. He remembers it from years ago.
And, our dinner - deep dish, Chicago styled, pizza.