Thursday, November 4, 2021

A Foster You Didn't Meet - Bobby

I was hesitant to post about a foster I got in 2019 because, sadly, we had to put him down for aggression. I fell in love with him and tried everything but something was just wrong in his head. He would attack my old dogs and his actions really took a toll on Eddie & Lani. He would also attack Jerry and twice bit him seriously. If Jerry had gone to the emergency room I think they would have reported it and animal control would have taken him. 

He lived with an elderly woman and had no exposure to other people or dogs. When she needed to go into assisted living, her family wanted nothing to do with him (red flag?). He's a good reminder to socialize  your dogs. Although, in his case, my vet felt that there was something more than socialization issues wrong with him. 

As a result, we didn't foster after Bobby. It was just so heartbreaking. Plus, Lani & Eddie were so old (16 & 18 at the time) that we wanted them to live their remaining time in a peaceful environment void of any potential for aggression or your dog energy. Here's some photos including one where he behaved normally with my dogs.







No comments: