Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back Online!

We've had some phone lines problems and I was without telephone or internet connection for a few days. Plus, my cell phone is dying (going to pick out a new one today) so I was really out of the communication loop; however, it was an eye-opening experience as to how dependant I have become on modern devices. I still have an Alaska bank so everything is done online, my school is online, my telephone book was in my malfunctioning cell, etc. Plus, I was stuck by Verizon saying nothing was wrong with their lines and it must be in my house. Turns out some switch was flipped at their central office. (I can assure you my switch was flipped as well!)

Had a great "girls night out" at Tijuana Flats with mom, Aunt Hellen, Erica, and Sarah. While we were eating and enjoying watching 2 year old Sarah, I thought about the fact that here sat 4 generations of our family: mom and her sister Hellen are one generation, I am the next generation, Erica is my first cousin once removed, and Sarah is my first cousin twice removed. Because my grandparents had such a big family, sometimes your cousins are closer in age than your siblings. For example, Mom & Hellen's sister Frances, who is Erica's grandmother, was 24 years older than Hellen. The photo is of Grandma & Grandpa Barnes the ancestors of all of us at the table last night.

Wow - my Florida family is growing. Cousin Erica & Sarah live closest in Largo, mohter-in-law Marge in Clearwater proper, my Mom about 10 miles away in Dunedin, Erica's sister Sonya in Lakeland, my Aunt Mary in Beverly Hills, and my Aunt Flossie & cousin Bill (Dad's side) and his family in Arcadia. Soon Erica's mom will be retiring and living at least part of her time here in Florida as well!

No comments: