Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday




Today we took MIL Marge to the Colonnade restaurant in Tampa for Easter dinner. This is probably Marge's favorite restaurant and I am all for it because it is primarily a seafood restaurant so there are lots of things on the menu I like. Plus, we all like the basket of mini muffins they put on each table:) Mom decided to stay home and rest this weekend because she will be working Mon - Sat next week. I am attaching photos of the inside and outside of the restaurant from their web site as well as a photo along Bayshore Blvd

We started with crab cakes as an appatizer. Their menu today had many additional items due to it being Easter. Which reminds me, we were expecting to wait but our timing was perfect. The first rush was ending and the second hadn't started yet. We even got a good parking space. Jerry & Marge ordered the leg of lamb dinner and I had scallops. The view is fabulous! Even leaving the restaurant it is gorgeous because of all the beautiful homes on Bayshore Blvd. In fact, HGTV has featured homes from that neighborhood on different shows. It's fabulous ata Christmas time.

Chloe seems to be improving. Ed is very playful like he has spring fever which is probably due to the awakening of hundreds of lizards. Daisey is my sun goddess and will actually leave her pack just to sunbathe on perfect days like this. I am getting blood all over the keyboard as I type because Edward broke a candle holder and I cut myself cleaning it up. Jerry and I were trying to work on a project to install more hooks and PVC coated chain for hanging orchids in the screen porch. Some of the old hooks from 4 years ago have rusted and broke off causing orchids to crash - I already have Eddie for that! Turns out the Makita had no charge so I have a little break while it charges.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Ouch, I'm feeling sympathy pains for you as I'm typing. I get really queasy around blood. It's quite funny really, seeing as how I was training to become a nurse years and years ago and had to work with blood on a daily basis. I never actually became one though.

The Colonnade looks like a lovely restaurant. I love crab cakes and all types of seafood.

I'm glad to hear that Chloe is getting better.