Saturday, March 8, 2008

Friday/Saturday







Went to Carmalita's Mexican restaurant with mom last night for Friday night Girl's nite out. Cousin Erica was supposed to join us but was delayed and by the time she could leave, a storm came up and scared her away. It poured - our swiming pool is filled to the brim. First it blew all day then started pouring about 7pm I guess. By the time we left I had to wade through water to get to the car and my feet and shoes were soaked because the water came up to my ankels. Mom gave me her unbrella so I could bring the car around - I felt like a moving target with the umbrella because it was lightening fast and furious. I kept thinking of that movie where Alan Arkin didn't want to get shot so he ran 'serpentine". LOL I will take a photo of the pool tomorrow if I can remember. Not only is it full, it is filled with debris from the oak trees due to high winds.

After Jerry got off work today (Saturday) we took Marge looking for a 3-wheeled and pouch bearing walker. Didn't know that all the medical mobility stores close at 1pm on Saturdays. Oh well, we had a nice lunch at Perkins. Marge and I had clubs that were very good. On the way had hubby drive thru Sonic for a pineapple milkshake, I am bad.

School has been great really. Good grade and enjoyable class. Assignments not too difficult, reading is itneresting, and instructor seems to be a liberal grader :) Tema is ok too and that helps. Found out my nuddy that I've had 8 classes with won't be finishing the last class with me like we though due to some change in her schedule. Oh!!! Also found out that UOP is going to have a graduation ceremony in Tampa in June so I may actually be able to attend. I just assumed I would not be involved in any graduation festivities because I wasn't willing to fly to Phoenix. That would be cool not just ofr me, but for family who have also had to sacrifice due to my time spent on class instead of with them.

I will end this post with a couple dogs picture of Ratbone Rescue fosters available for adoption.

Vickie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Succulent Lane. We have just today had a break from all the rain here north of Orlando. You have piqued my interest about rat-terriers! They are adorable.

Donna said...

Vickie, those puppies are just adorable. I sure do wish I could adopt a couple. I can't wait to move out of this apartment so that I can expand my family by having dogs and cats to love again.