Saturday, March 15, 2008

Traffic Jam

Yesterday I longed for my somwhat simple life in Kodiak. I miss Kodiak often but that usually refers to the people there. Yesterday it was the lifestyle. It took me almost an hour and a half to get home due to poor traffic conditions resulting from weather. I can deal with the weather but stop and go traffic for an hour and a half is awful. Sorry to whine but I truly believe we need to rethink transportation in this and many other urban areas that are so dependant on cars. I would LOVE some sort of monorail system like in downtown Seattle. I have some ideas in my head of how to a address fuel, trafffic, and pollution concerns while respecting the individuals need for convenience and privacy afford by a personal car. Someday I will draw it up and share it :) In the mean time, here's the precious new face at Ratbone Rescues - her name is Sydney.

Vickie

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sydney is adorable. Why would anyone want to part with her?

Traffic out here in Southern California is pretty bad as well. On a good day, it will take us about 45 minutes to get from our apartment to a restaurant out in Studio City, which should only take about 15 minutes if the streets weren't so heavily congested with cars. I wish we had a subway station or something.

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

7 minutes to work by car, and 18 by bicycle. If you forget to pick something up at Safeway it is still only 4 minutes away when you get home. Easy to cook dinner when you're home so quick! Rush hour is waiting at the light while the crossing guard walks kids across. Life in Kodiak is good.
Patrick