Saturday, April 19, 2008

Screen Porch Ramblings



( (Be sure to click on photo for the "bigger picture")

Since I'm to stay off feet (a.k.a. don't go anywhere) I am back to doing my homework from the screen porch so I have some change of scenery. The desktop computer is better because the wireless connection to the laptop is a bit weak out here. Whine, whine, whine...I know. It is going to be a loooong recovery period for everyone ;)

Hubby is just back from Costco and bought me rechargable batteries for my digicam so I am back in busines there. Yippee! I'm including photos taken on the side of the house - that hard to use area. Few years ago I had a landscaper put in a walkway and have been atempting to make it into part of the garden. Right now when you enter from the gate (sorry for the interruption but I just got the most fragrent whiff of the blooming jasmine, it's divine) you pass my succulent garden, then enter the jasmine covered arbor, walk past one wall of the screen porch/orchid house, before the walkway turns and you are in my tiny little backyard.

I'm including photos from both directions and a close up of an orchid that screamed "photo me!" Gardeners, isn't the jasmine fabulous? It is scenting up our entire neighborhood since many people have it. So great. Trying to talk hubby into clearing out the other side of the house and using that little strip too. If he does, I will move my succulent garden over there and expand my bromeliad gardening where the succulents are now. I believe they are all ready to be divided into multiple plants and I would only have to purchase for variety. Cross your fingers and send positive garden vibes.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi! Oh gosh I love your walkway...it is giving me ideas...I have two side yards that are about 9 ft. wide...I could do something like this! They are both just wide strips of grass right now...open...full sun all day. Hmmm...
Hey, I love all your plants...very lush and tropical! I have jasmine all over my chain link fence between my neighbor and me...I love it!!! I can just envision you sitting out in theis beautiful garden with your computer!

My Little Family: said...

Julie, at first I thought that strip was a challange and then I decided to turn it into it's own little special "hidden" garden and it just came together! There is one litle area that needs replanted (made a bad plant choice) but that is true of any garden. The strips are SO easy to design because of size and repeating plant order helps keep it looking somehwat orderly.