Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Gardening part 4 - Bromeliads!!!




This one is for you Julie - you inspired me. About 3 years ago I planted a few, not many, bromeliads. Frankly I had sort of forgotten about them except for the ones in pots. Another blogger mentioned a bromeliad collection and I have admired them at flower shows so I went to check out what has been going on with mine. Turns out they have been multiplying and growing and hiding under other plants. So today I ripped them from their comfy homes, seperated the growth and created an entire bromeliad garden from 3 or 4 old starter plants. Yippee! I was, however, smart enough to leave a couple little holes in case I see something I just can't resist. LOL

2 comments:

Julie said...

ALRIGHT!!! How cool is that that you found all those plants and could use them! I can't wait for you to see these big orange ones outside of a development here...I plan to get the pic tomorrow...they are in full sun, and amazing...the actual leaves are ORANGE...no need for a bloom! LOL.

Thanks for the post today! I'm glad I inspired someone...usually that doesn't happen around here! Ha ha ha!!!

Julie said...

I see here in your second photo, some of the red plant I bought today...the "Earth Stars"! Pretty!...looks like they have made pups, so I will be eagerly awaiting mine to come!!!