Monday, May 5, 2008

Last Day of College!

Today I completed my coursework for a BS degree in Business Management. I earned an AA degree many years ago but never quite got to that BS. I turned in final assignments around 11:30am. Feels wierd actually. I am sure I will go through classroom withdrawl as I have been logging in for 2 1/2 years. Here's how I spent my day off (after turning in final):
Brought the succulents in from the car that I purchased last night at Target. Poor things...off to a bad start. Notice there are two split rocks in the group. I'm betting they will be dead before my commencement ceremony on June 14th. Good thing we don't have burial cemeteries for plants or ther would be no room left on the planet for anything else ;)




















Eddie was so wound up this morning that I thought it was time for a trip to the dog park despite my bum foot. Lots of bird activity at the park but only a couple squirrell sightings - Ed thinks the dog park is a game reserve! My prissy little Daisey was the only one interested in the birds which is funny because there a bird dog there showing no interest.







Decided to treat myself to a manicure some waxing, and a Frappachino on this special day. As I was leaving the neighborhood I saw a flock of mixed birds in the retention pond. I tried to get close but it spooked them. There were Roseate Spoonbills, White Herons, and Ibis of some sort.








After manicure picked up mom and took her to her automotive shop to pick up her vehicle. Then we went to Erica's for a little visit before me. mpm, Lea and Sarah went for celebatory ice cream at the Cone Cabin that serves Working Cow ice cream. Yum, yum. There was major squirrell activity at the Cone Cabin!

(For those who do not know my famiy, Lea is actually my first cousin but she grew up with my mom kinda, sorta. Her daughter Erica is my first cousin once removed but seems more like a first cousin. Sarah is her daughter so my first cousin twice removed)

Back to reality tomorrow - just another work day! Vickie

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Vickie, you got yourself some nice succulents. I hope your split rocks do very well. I just had one turn into ooze. I got myself an Aizoaceae Fenestraria 'Baby Toes' from an Osh garden center a few weeks ago. I have yet to repot it. My last Baby Toes turned into goo. Another one of those unsolved mysteries among the mimicry plant casualties.

Eddie and Daisey are so adorable.

Julie said...

Cone Cabin sounds COOL...I want a Cone Cabin!!!

Julie said...

OHHHH...BTW...goodness...I forgot to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your degree!!! How awesome! I know you are so happy to be finished with it...is a Masters degree next???