Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Block for Ratbone Rescues Raffle Quilt



The rescue group I volunteer for (Ratbone Rescues) has a quilt raffle fund raiser once a year. I've always wanted to donate a block but was just too busy with school. This year I finally did it! It was a stretch too because I normally don't do applique and I've never turned a photo into a quilt block. Most of the blocks are done this way so I wanted mine to fit in. They are assembling the quilt on May 30th in Indiana so I gotta get this off in the mail right away. (by the way - if anyone is interested in making and donating a block right quick, or for next year, the block size must be 13"sq and must be of a rat terrier. You can find plenty of photos at rat-terrier.com or ratbonerescues.com if you are looking for models :) The blocks will end up 12" squares when finished but the assembler wants that extra inch for squaring up).

My model was my beautiful Daisey. I used a photo from last Christmas. I didn't do her justice but hey, it was my first time doing this type of block. Vickie

2 comments:

Julie said...

OMG, Vickie...you did an outstanding job with this quilt block!!! Wow...you really surprised me that you just whipped that out! Incredible! Daisy is a doll...and a perfect model!!!

Julie said...

Vickie- in relation to quilts...check this gals succulent quilt I just found this morning!
Linda's quilt
I know you will just love this...morning glory and succulents!