Tuesday, May 13, 2008

No News, Just More Ratbones

Can you believe there are so many dogs needing homes? I've only been posting SOME of the dogs from one rescue organization that rescues and rehomes only one breed (Rat Terrier) and only takes as many dogs as we have volunteer fosterhomes for. Can you imagine the numbers if you multifply every breed and every organization? Then add to that the poor little fellas who never get the opportunity and are put to sleep because no one can take them.






3 comments:

luvonne said...

Yes, so very heartbreaking. Tony has banned me from our animal shelter. I'm limited to one dog at a time now. We still have our shelter dog Sammy, and I'm proud to say I executed my own little rescue mission for a mini-pin who had a sad, sad story. Sammy liked her (mainly b/c she was smaller than him, I think), but after exhausting every medical solution (other than exploratory surgery) I had to put her d-o-w-n. It was the hardest thing ever. I totally regretted it. When Tony see's me reading your blog with pics of ratbones...he just walks by saying "NO".

My Little Family: said...

That's whats nice about being a foster - you get the benefit of knowing and cuddling many different dogs. It is hard to say goodbye to some but you live in the satisfaction of having helped them become a member of a family again.

Vickie

Julie said...

These doggies are so adorable...I saw a dog come out with his master next door to my friends house last evening, and he said it was a Jack Russell, but I believe he was a Ratbone...the face seems thinner, different from my cousins dog...of course, I wouldn't know which was which...I would have to say "Would the real Ratbone please stand up"??? LOL. :)