Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day and what kinda Buterfly is that in the garden?

We took the moms to Mother's Day dinner last night since the restaurants are almost impossible on Mother's Day. In past years they've come over for a cookout but not this year due to me stayin off feet, sorta. Anyway, we went to Kobe's Japanese Steak House for tepenyaki (spell?) cooking. It was fabulous! Everyone loved their meal and our chef was quite entertianing. Mom came over today for a little while and we went for Frappachinos at Starbucks and then to Robert's Christmas Wonderland. If you are ever in Clearwater, you gotta see this place. It is amaizing.

There's this butterfly we see every year at this time and I watched it this mroning. It is a giant yellow butterfly and I borrowed this photo off the internet (sorry, lost the URL) because it is the cloest I see to it. Does anyone know what sort of giant yellow butterfly is in Pinellas county this time of year? It doesn't sit still long enough to get a good look and it doesn't glide - seems to always be flapping the wings. This one is a Tiger Swallowtail and some of the research I did on it states it came get big in southern climates.

Gave the dogs a bath tonight. Chloe the evil chihuahua gave me dirty looks and wasn't very hepful in me scrubing her in different angles/places. Daisey was a model - stood there and let me turn and rinse with no problems. Ed was another story. It was hard getting big boy in the tub and hard keeping him in there. He was shaking while the other two got theirs because he knew his was coming. Hung that head down and looked like an abused puppy. Wish I would have had my camera because he could have won an academy award for that performance! vickie

No comments: