Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dotee #3 - Flower




I named this one Flower after the past matriarch of Meerkat Manor. No glue gune used here - everything is hand sewen except the body which was done on machine. I did some bead work on the body (look close up to see) and I used a very cool yarn for the hair. Think you will seeing lots of dolls with that hair cuz I had to buy a skein of it. Also, I bought clay and made/baked some faces today for future dolls. This dotee art doll craft is fun! So small they are not expensive in terms of money or time. Vickie

4 comments:

Julie said...

You are one crazy Dotee doll woman now! LOL. I will never keep up with you!!! Is she made from Mary Engelbreit fabric? I love you beadwork! That particular yarn is awesome for hair! She is fantastic!

My Little Family: said...

Yes, she is made from Mary Engelbreit fabric. I have quite a fabric stash because I am a miniature quilters - lots of pieces just not a lot of yardage.
Works really well for this craft. I like the Dotees because they are an afternoon project instead of weeks. Vickie

Julie said...

Yes, that is the beauty of the Dotee...less time to make! I am finding I am not big on sewing though, which saddens me now, cause I got so excited about them, and now I am fading! Maybe a second wind will come!!! LOL.

Donna said...

Oh wow, it's so adorable. I love it. I've never been good with sewing and such, too many bloodied fingers and accidents. You did an excellent job.