Saturday, September 6, 2008

My First Attempt At Photo Transfer

You can click on the image to get a much better view. This is my first attempt at getting an image from my computer onto fabric and I burned it. Jerr says it's not burned but it is. I can see lighter circles in the burned area - they are the steam holes of the iron. It was a practice run anyway. I also want to reverse the image next time so that when it is applied it is correct and not the mirror image. Overall all I like the effect I made and I don't even mind the little cracked area and part where the color did not iron onto the fabric. I believe it gives it charachter.

With this new-found craft my head is spinning with ideas. A couple blocks for next year's ratbone raffle quilt, quilt blocks of my ancestors so that I can make a family quilt, a wallhanging of all my pets past and present, oh how the list goes on...........

1 comment:

Jacky said...

I love this photo transfer...how clever are you?
I have enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing your gorgeous dogs and your extended family...lots of fun.


p.s. thanks for popping by and visiting my blog.

The Tree Is Up

and it went a little something like this........ Rolls of deco mesh (a.k.a. geo mesh). I usually use them straight off the spool withou...