Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Leaving Branson

We're up early, had our coffee & breakfast, and just finished packing up to head to Dumas. Today is Dad's 80th birthday and we are having a celebration for him at his home.

Last night we went to the steakhouse in the hotel parking lot but I had catfish. Yesterday was the perfect culinary day = biscuits & gravy for breakfast, BBQ for lunch, and catfish for dinner, LOL. After dinner we went to the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum and brosed around for about an hour. It was interesting and low impact.

We are leaving shortly and planning a stop in Little Rock for lunch (Whole Hog Cafe) and to purchase a couple of potted mums for the house. Jerry no longer wonders how/why I got this seasonal decorating bug as everywhere you look people have scarecrows, bales of straw, pumpkins, and potted mums adorning their entries ways or driveways. I love fall in this area of the country because the weather is perfect, the treees change, and everyone decorates!

I probaboly won't blog for a few days because my Dad does not have internet. Heck, my cell phone doesn't work in Dumas either. We are heading to Murfreesboro tomorrow and I really doubt I will have internet or cell phone their either.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hip hip hooray
For the perfect culinary day!!!

Have a nice time at your Dads place and for his birthday!!!

I love that area too, for all the things you mentioned + CATFISH!!!!!