Saturday, December 13, 2008

Aunts

My mom, my cousin Leona (Lee) and I traveled to Beverly Hills today to see the Beverly Hillbillies, LOL. Actually it's Beverly Hills Florida and my Aunt Mary (mom's sister) and Uncle Larry will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Monday. Hard to believe because they look like kids in the photo below. In fact, I believe their daughters may be older than them, LOL.

Mary & Larry, Dec 2008

Aunt Ola Faye, another of mom's sisters, who I hadn't seen in 15 years. It was fun catching up with her.

My mom with Aunt Hellen in the background. All these photos were taken in Aunt Mary's kitchen. Her kitchen is always so clean and perfect. How does that happen? I want one like that.

Lee checking out Hellen's grey. Everyone is amaized that Hellen has very little grey and is in her 60's (but you didn't hear her age from me). Lee is my mom's deceased sister's daughter but they were raised almost as siblings.


Finally Aunt Hellen, mom's youngest sister.

Tomorrow we should see another of mom's sisters, Aunt Joyce and her husband Uncle Bob. Also Aunt Mary's daughter and granddaughter should arrive before we leave for home. Mom's mother had 11 children (9 females/2 males) and those mentioned here are the remaining surviving siblings.

No comments: