Friday, May 29, 2009

The Night The Lights Went Out

Recently our lights went out for about an hour. That is a record for around here where the utilities are underground. I lit candles throughout the house and it looked so pretty and cozy that I had to take photos.
This is looking out the front door. Notice that Flamingo is guarding the house even though it was pitch black outside without street lights.

I tried different settings on my camera to capture the ambiance but none seemed to be just right. The ones I am posting have the use of the flash and that is why it doesn't look dark. The ones without the flash are almost all black except for a "smear" of candlelight. I'm a terrible photographer. And photographing my bathroom? What is wrong with me?

You get a little hint of the feel of candle light in this one but still the flash lit up the place.

Eek! I need to pick up before I start snapping photos. Nice pic of the candle though. I set the camera on some setting that seemed to take forever to finish taking the photo - maybe it was on museum at the time.

I still need to lower those drapes :( And how about those paint samples ont he wall for the last 2 years. We can't seem to agree on a paint color that suits us both. As you can see, I have lost my focus on the power outage now.

This is how Jerry reacts to no electricity - notice the flashlight under his neck to provide light to his book. The cigar apparently doesn't throw enough light, LOL.

That's my silly little post for the day. I needed something light. Hope you did too!

4 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Well I enjoyed it! We always have the best fun when the electricity goes out, and it goes out here often.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Great photos(-: I love candle light.
I don't like power outages though! We have a well so when the power is out we have no water...no water...no bathroom....)-:
I didn't notice the paint samples until I read your post!(-:

JaMean said...

LOL! I LOVE the flashlight. Hillarious!

Julie said...

LOL...looks like you got a lot of candle light in there at least! Jerry needs one of those head lights I use during hurricanes...great for no hands reading and doing!