Friday, February 12, 2010

Old Photo From My Dad's House

I got this polaroid photo of me from the box of stuff my step-siblings sent from my Dad's belongings. I've never seenthis photo before. It was taken at my house in Seattle probably 1979/80 making me in early twenties. We had one wall in the family room with paneling, whichI disliked very much, and I bought that chair to help cover it up :)

Notice the clock above the chair - my Dad gave me a bunch of green stamps (remember those) when I was in high school and said have at it. I licked and pasted those stamps into books and whenI was finished he took me a green stamp store. I wanted a scarab bracelet but it would have used up ALL my stamps so instead I got that clock and stars & stripes candlestick phone. Looking back I cannot believe I chose home decor over jewelry! Oh - and I have seen that clock in many a TV show by the way ;)


Here's a recent photo of me....oh, the ravages of time. But I have much better furniture and more jewelry! LOL


2 comments:

CiNdEe said...

I think we all had a chair just like that one! I painted mine!(-:
I also had the green stamps and there were also blue chip stamps too(-: I loved going to the store to look at what there was to buy! I still remember where that store was here in town! Of course now its a different place! Its great you were able to get that picture back. Its always fun to see how much we have changed...(-:
I hate getting my picture taken can you tell?(-:

Julie said...

You know what? You are just as cute as can be in both pictures!!!

Boat Club

Our Bayliner Trophy in Kodiak with my Seattle friend Jane Today we met with a boat club to learn information about this type of boat non ...