Monday, February 21, 2011

Six Down - Nineteen To Go

Mom & I worked on quilt blocks again today. We made 5 more for a total of 6. I don't know what made me think that we would get all 25 done this weekend. Wishful thinking? Psychosis?

I'm calling this one "if a dog barks in the woods.....". I'm a miniature quilter so it's unusual for me to make these 12" blocks I've committed to making.

You can take a girl out of the miniature quilting world, but you can't take the miniature quilt out of the girl. Notice the center square? It's a paper-pieced paw print (a real score to have found the pattern free online) and is made of about 40 small pieces in that 4" square.


I used 6 of my 1930's reproduction fabrics to make the heart in the center of this block.

I'm calling this one "they eat sushi in Ohio" because it's an Ohio Star block with the center square being a sushi print fabric.

And this one is known as "high tea in Bali" because of the Bali batik and center novelty fabric.

At first I thought the center fabric on this one was Aurora Borealis but upon closer inspection, I believe it is coral.

If you need me, I'll be chained to my sewing machine, lol.

No comments: