Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Chicago Sightseeing, Part One

On Monday we took the train to the big city - Chicago!

I've been here on business several times back in the day when I was a merchandiser or buyer and I would attend the housewares show in the winter and consumer electronics in the summer. And, I've come into the city when I visited relatives in my youth: however, I've never really a true tourist. So, I rented an apartment in the Andersonville neighborhood and we are doing as many touristy things as we can.


First stop - the Willis Tower, formerly know as the Sears tower. It has an attraction known as the Skydeck on the 103rd floor where you can step out into a plexiglass box OVER the city and look down 1,353 feet below.

Jerry and cousin Diane in one of the three skydecks
 


My left foot in the skydeck and my right foot firmly planted inside the building - no way I was going our there. No way.  


A view of the city from one of the windows. Sadly, a dirty window but it had a more interesting view than the clean windows.  The whole 103rd floor is windows with fabulous views of course.

We also went to the Adler Planetarium. I didn't get a photo of it, duh, but I did get a city scape.

A giant telescope at the Adler. 


We ended the evening in Chinatown where we had a delicious dinner.
 
A happy little iris we walk by everyday on our way to the main drag with restaurants and shops. It's neighbor is a delightful smelling lilac bush. This neighborhood is also full of people walking dogs.
 
 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the Chinatown there! Such a great city! I know you loved it! Congrats on your ultra great trip!