Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend is Almost Over




The only good thing about Sunday night is that tonight at 8pm there is a movie about the Green River killer on Lifetime. Yes, I still have that morbid obsession with that whole story from when I lived in the Seattle area while it was happening.

Great weekend! Jerry's cousin Maureen was done from New Jersey/Philadelphia for a visit and stayed with Marge. On Friday night we went for Pizza and Working Cow ice cream at the Cone Cabin. It was a nice visit and interesting to hear about her trips to New York for plays and to meet her boyfriend's famous cousin Tina Faye - sounds like Tina Faye is a nice and intelligent woman. Getting to Marge's was another story - terrible wreck on the bayside bridge took over 20 minutes to cross a 3 or 4 minute bridge. The cars pulled over didn't look too damaged but plenty of emergency vehicles and lane closures. Saw some twisted metal in front of a van. Most interesting thing was that I was waved through by the police officer who pulled me over, but didn't give me a ticket (thank you), when my Dad was here. I was tempted to wave and say "remember me?" LOL

Next morning Jerry and I stopped at 7-11 and he parked next to a County Sheriff car and went inside. Shortly after that same officer came out and was getting in his car right next to me and I couldn't help myself this time - I did say "Hi, remember me?" He didn't but I told him that I saw him at that accident last night and he said it was a motorcycle and the fellow died. How sad for his family and friends. Too wierd to think that one minute you are alive, you attempt to change lanes, and then you are dead.

Mid day I drove Maureen and Marge to DSW - a HUGE shoe store (mom had to work). I bought two pairs because it's like the Home Depot of shoes. That night me, Jerry, Marge, Maureen, and mom all went to Spotos Steak Joint in Dunedin (attaching photo fro their wen site). Erica and Lee were suffering from alergies plus little Sarah cutting teeth with fever. Fabulous Filet Mignon as usual but someone tried to sneak sour cream into my garlic mashed -I didn't eat them.;) Better luck next time Chef! Last night sat on screen porch and listened to my radio shows on NPR by candlelight. Had nice long chat with friend in Seattle before calling it a night. Oh, and Eddie is backoutside and eventually forced Daisey out. The trauma of the bark thing mus tbe wearing off.

Today mom came over and we did her taxes and the majority of mine. Yuck even if you do get $$ back. We ran some errands, played around a little, and then when Jerry got home from work the three of us picked up Marge and Maureen and went to a family restaurant in Safety Harbor. Cute little downtown area and famous for it's Spa. I have "borrowed" a photo of the gazebo we could see out the window as we ate. I don't have batteries for my digi so no photos for me right now, too bad too, I have orchids blooming and bought two new ones last Monday but mums the word!

Oh, can't forget. Got a floating toy intended for the pool today at the Dollar Tree and it's been fun watching Eddie try to get that thing out of the pool. He won't go in and swim but he will get down on the steps. He did get it once but mostly as he paws it the things flips away. I want to get photos of that. Oh, and I can't leave you without a doggie photo from Ratbone Rescues.

Vickie


No comments: