Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Way Back Wednesday

This is a photo of me from the summer or fall of 1976 when I was 18. It's black and white because it was used in the newspaper as an engagement announcement. Notice the braces! I didn't want to get married with braces so I was married in January 1977 (at age 19) following the December removal of braces.

Notice I also had Farrah Facett hair. The only makeup I wore back then was eye makeup. At this time in my life I loved denim, Saturday Night Live and a little chihuahua puppy named Moon Unit (a.k.a. Mooney). I used to carry a large purse and sneak him in everywhere I could.

Maybe next Wednesday I'll post some post-braces wedding photos. I still have them around here somewhere even though we divorced after 9 years. They are still my memories so I keep them. Does that sound wierd to anyone?

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are so adorable! EVEN with braces! I kept pics of my first wedding! Can't wait to see your wedding pics!!!

tina said...

Beautiful picture and you can almost kind of tell your hair is red too!

The Tree Is Up

and it went a little something like this........ Rolls of deco mesh (a.k.a. geo mesh). I usually use them straight off the spool withou...