Sunday, October 26, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday - Garden Gnome

Here is proof that I have a Gnome living in my garden. If you have a Gnome in your garden and you have a blog, please feature your Gnome in a post so that he/she can be acknowledged for the wonderful work that they do!

I discovered my Gnome sitting in my Phalanopsis where he guards it agaisnt any preditors that might hurt the plant or its blooms. Luckily I was the recipient many Christmases ago of a book by Poortvliet/Huygen simply titled "Gnomes" so I knew not to fear my Gnome when it appeared in my garden.

I believe my gnome is a Forest Gnome so I'm not exactly sure how it ended up in Central Florida but we are happy to have him! I believe he may have a few friends around here and when I am feeling better, I will search the garden for photographic proof.

1 comment:

Julie said...

How sweet. I have one gnome hanging out with my plants in the screenroom...I will have to post him!

Diamond

The more observant of you may have noticed that in my last post (Hurricane Irma) I mentioned our two dogs. Yes, we have one less dog these d...