Sunday, February 21, 2010

Green Thumb Sunday

While green thumb Sunday is still on hiatus, er, more correctly I am on gardening hiatus, I do need to report the death of about a dozen orchids and the critical condition of a few more.We had some dangerously cold weather (by orchids standards) during one of my many trips to Arkansas and they were not brought into the house quickly enough.

So what I have now is a group of survivors and they do deserve more respect and care. The saddest part is that some of those lost were my favorites and that I lost the bloom on some once-a-year bloomers. I will be better, I will be better, I will better.......

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

)-: so sad for you

Julie said...

Oh gosh...I am so sorry, Vickie!!! Jerry needs to give you a big, giant fund for some new fun ones! Hey...I am still looking for one of the very unusual dark chocolate brown varieties...maybe you can find one like that??? It could chipper you up a bit after all your losses!
Hugs- Julie