Tuesday, March 31, 2009
1. Do you like blue cheese? Not at all
2. Have you ever been drunk? Once or twice
3. Do you own a gun? Technically, yes
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Grape and lemonade mixed together
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Very
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Best eaten out of doors
7. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. I just smiled thinking about that leg lamp.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with half and half
9. Can you do push ups? Probably not
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding rings
11. Favorite hobby? Sewing/quilting
12. Do you have A.D.D.? It manifests as unfinished projects. See #11
13. What's your favorite shoe? Clogs
14. Middle Name? Carla, after my Dad Carl
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? My desk is a mess, I hope she calls, where is my husband?
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coke Zero, iced tea, water
17. Current worry? The economy in general
18. Current hate right now? Mouth injury caused by dog claw
19. pepsi or coke? Coca Cola baby
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Annual neighborhood party
21. Where would you like to go? Italy, Spain, New York, Alaska
22. Which friends will complete this? Maybe Julie?
23. Do you own slippers? Yes
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Sundress hubby bought me in Puerto Rico with blues and browns, tropical
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? Not really
26. Can you whistle? I SO wish I could whistle
27. Favorite color? Peach
28. Would you be a good pirate? I get sea sick in rough weather
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? The songs from Oh Brother Where Art Thou
30. Favorite Girl's Names? Anakin, Jennifer, Mae, Annie, Laura, Ella
31. Favorite boy's names? Michael, Gregory, Byron, Carlton
32. What's in your pocket right now? No pockets
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Funny misunderstanding, technical work thing, hard to explain, funny only to insiders
34. Best bed sheets as a child? No childhood recollection
35. Worst injury you've ever had as a child? When I was a toddler had pretty severe 3rd degree burns from coffee but I don't remember it
36. Do you love where you live? I like where I live
37. What did you want to be when you grew up? Forrest Ranger, Musician
38. Who is your loudest friend? I’m taking the 5th
39. How many dogs do you have? Two now
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Doubtful
41. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter series
42. What is your favorite candy? Hot Tamales
43. Favorite Sports Team? Arkansas Razorbacks
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Christmas music
Monday, March 30, 2009
Name a country somewhere in the world. Insert a 'Z.' The result can be broken up into 3 consecutive words. The first word is a popular brand name. The second word is something this product uses, and the third word is the kind of product it is. What's the country?
This one jumped right out at me once I Googled countries of the world and had a list to browse ;)
I'll give 3 hints: 1) News says Chrystler is in trouble, 2) I'm not crazy about animated films, 3) Watch out for the hatter! These aren't straight out clues - you gotta think about them so it might just be easier to figure it out on your own, LOL.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
I had to run the windshield wipers just to see through the pollen!
My car is taupe in color. Looking through the window the hood is yellow-greenish. I could see it all over other cars too but the photos didn't really show it.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
First photo: my dad of course
Second photo: Ann & Samantha are sisters, Johnathan is nephew, Phyllis is sister-in-law
Third photo: Eddie is brother-inlaw, Drew is nephew, Paul is brother-in-law
Fourth photo: Sommer is niece
Fifth photo: Judy is sister
Sixth photo: Michael & Jerrod are nephews
Seventh photo: Phyllis is sister-in-law & Terrell is brother
Eighth photo: Reba is sister
One sibling is deceased but there was a family member there to represent him ;)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Waiting room photos during the procedure - Ann, Samantha, Jonathan, & Phyllis.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Name a female host of a popular TV program. Rearrange the letters of her first name to name a god in mythology. Rearrange the letters in her last name to name a type of god that this god is not. Who is the TV host and what are the anagrams?
I have to admit that I wouldn't have figured this one if someone hadn't given me a clue that lead me to the God and then I figured out who she was (unusual spelling of a common name). I don't watch much television except for my HBO shows and I'm not up with the latest motivational speakers either. Oops! Did I just give it away ;)
Sunday, March 15, 2009
This is the entryway to a nearby neighborhood. This area seperates the driveways going in and out of the community. Too bad I couldn't get the top of the palm in the photo because it is a beautiful palm.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Me with Dee Dee Jonrow. You can tell by the frostbite that she did race that year. I believe this was 91 and Rick Swenson won but Dee Dee was right behind him. I should Google it to see.
Monday, March 9, 2009
It took a while because I assumed it was an idiom and couldn't get "Cat Got Your Tongue" out of my mind. Turns out it was a simple phrase. My hint, for those interested in solving it, is "misplaced lanaguage". In case you forgot the puzle, here it is again:
Q: Think of a familiar phrase in five words that means 'tongue tied.' One word in it has one letter, one word has two letters, one has three, one has four and one has five — though not necessarily in that order. What is the phrase?
I will leave more hints for those who leave a comment ;)
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Here we are in front of the Kapok tree in Straub Park. These trees can grow to 150 feet! Sandy commented on the smoothness of the bark. These trees are drought deciduous meaning they shed leaves during the dry season (they are a tropical rainforrest tree) and get these large flower pod on them.
Check out the size of the flowers! Granted, Sandy has a thin wrist and forarm but the flowers are big. They made a bit of a thud when they fell from up high too.
Here's two photos of the tree. It's impossible to get in it's entirety without giving up detail.
Haven't started on this week's but thought I should write it down fore I begin to forget the details in my old age:
Saturday, March 7, 2009
We went to a good seafood restaurant called Landry's and everyone enjoyed their dinner and the conversation. Lots of catching up to do. As typical of the world's worst photographer, I had my camera yet failed to take a photo :( Oh, it was the typical Saturday dinner with mom and MIL but with the addition of Jim & Sandy. Don't worry - we didn't leave mom & MIL behind!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
My husband bought me this cookbook for Christmas about twenty years ago. Truthfully, I didn't know if I should laugh or be offended. I have to admit that I am a little touchy about the terms white trash, hillbilly, redneck, hick, etc. having been born and raised (partially) in Arkansas. I loved the photographs and many of the photos and stories brought back memories of the south. The funny thing is, my yanky husband has been crazy about every recipe I've ever made from this book! Every holiday he asked if I am going to make that sweet potato pone - he prefers it over those ghastly sweet potatoes with melted marshmallows. Here's the recipe direct from the book:
FANCY SWEET POTATO PONE
4 C raw grated sweet potato, 1 C syrup, 1/2 C sugar, 1 C milk, 1/2 C butter, 1/2 C chopped nuts, 1 C raisins, 3 well-beaten eggs, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp salt
Add well beaten eggs, sugar, spices, and nuts to grated sweet potato. Melt butter in heavy iron frying pan; add potato mixture; stir on top of stove until very hot. Cook in same pan in moderate oven for 45 minutes, stirring from bottom several times. Serve with whipped cream. Whipped cream? I never did that!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Another blooming Cattleya. This one is the one responsible for the nice auroma in my screen porch.
This bloom is fading fast. From greenish white, to white, to yelloish white, to yellow.
Next stop is brown.
Some new growth on my ghost. Maybe in a couple more years I will get a bloom.
Our Bayliner Trophy in Kodiak with my Seattle friend Jane Today we met with a boat club to learn information about this type of boat non ...
The view from our room - the waterfront of St Pete and the pool area From the historical wall Fred's - where we ate. It has a sp...
Mom and I stayed at the historic Vinoy on St Petersburg waterfront last night, had a gourmet dinner, and spa services this morning before re...
Just some shots from around the grounds and in the building. Lots of hidden art pieces. From the mezzanine ...